Sunday, December 11, 2011

Merry Christmas

Jess and I have had to be very creative this year with our decorations. Last year my mom gave me a tiny little table tree that we used as one of our few decorations. This year we were planning on using it again, but much to our dismay, we discovered that we don't have any of our decorations this year! Instead we have had to improvise. We would just go buy another tree, or get a real one, but we wont even be able to enjoy it for very long. Instead, we have decided to make our existing plant as our tree. I even found a couple decorations to put on it. For the star I used a sunflower, doesn't the sun count as a star too? I was given a very cute owl decoration, so that is the only ornament we have on it so far. I also added a couple peppermint butter mints to add the final touch... it finally feels like Christmas. I have actually really enjoyed not having all the fancy decorations these last two years. It helps me feel the true meaning of Christmas, which is Christ... As you can see, our "Christmas tree" is right next to a pictureof the Savior. I feel that this will help Jess and I remember the really important things this Christmas.


2 comments:

  1. You are very creative! I like the sun for the star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The really important things...like presents! And coming to visit your sister in San Diego!




    Also, I like your tree. We bought a real tree but we didn't buy any ornaments, so we have this beautiful, naked tree in our house. At least you put an owl on yours.

    ReplyDelete